It's easy to be wise after the event and so we hope our Returns Policy will give you a little peace of mind. Good customer service and your satisfaction is uppermost in our minds and go hand-in-hand with the following terms and conditions, which we hope will avoid potential problems after your purchase.
The main Terms and Conditions which you’re agreeing to when purchasing something from us are summarised below. Our full, detailed Terms and Conditions follow this summary. We've tried to make them as clear and easy to understand as possible.
Please note that this summary relates to most purchases from our website & telephone only. Different and/or additional terms apply to purchases made in person in our shop and are contained in our detailed terms and conditions below this summary.
For web orders:
• 1) You will need to supply us with your full address, including your postcode, a telephone number at which we can contact you and a current, valid email address.
• 2) We will take payment from your debit or credit card before processing your order or despatching your goods.
• 3) We accept most cards backed by VISA or Mastercard, but not American Express, Diner’s, etc. We also accept PayPal.
• 4) You can change your mind about your purchase BEFORE we have despatched it and we will refund the full cost of your purchase. If you have changed your mind, you must inform us in writing or by email. Acceptance of your order by us takes place once your order has been shipped from our premises.
• 5) Once despatched, you must let us know in writing or by email within 14 days of receiving your goods, if you wish to return them to us. You may not return the goods to us until you have let us know in writing, that you wish to do so.
• 6) You have 14 days to return your goods to us from the date you informed us in writing, that you have changed your mind. Goods received back after 14 days from this date, will not be accepted.
• 7) When we have received the goods back from you, we will refund the full cost of your purchase, but not including any special delivery charges. If you originally elected to collect the goods from our shop yourself or arrange a 3rd party to collect them for you, rather than use & pay for our delivery service, any cost you incur in returning the goods to us, whether faulty or not, will not be refunded. We may reduce the amount we refund to you (or make no refund whatsoever), if you have damaged or discarded the product packaging, which might prevent us from reselling the item for its full price, or at all.
• 8) You will need to pay the return cost of postage or other delivery charges yourself, when sending your purchase back to us. You may use any reputable company to return them to us and doing so is at your own risk. We suggest that you use a service which you can track and records a signature, as refunds will not be made until we have received the goods back from you. We will pay for the cost of return to us if you are returning goods as a result of your Statutory rights under The Sale of Goods Act.
• 9) You cannot return goods which we have ordered in especially for you.
• 10) You cannot return goods which have been made especially for you.
• 11) You cannot return goods which we informed you about either on our website, or in writing or by email before we despatched them, to tell you that they were not returnable.
• 12) You cannot return goods for a refund if you are a business making the purchase, although in some circumstances, an exchange or credit may be possible - see full terms and conditions below, as a restocking fee will apply.
• 13) Your Statutory Rights under Consumer Rights Act 2015 are set out below and always remain unaffected by our terms and conditions. All purchases made within the UK are done so with full reference to your Statutory Rights.
FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
i• By ordering and/or paying for goods from After Noah Ltd, you are entering into a contract with us. As such, this contract confers certain rights and responsibilities upon both you, as the buyer, and we as the seller, to which we must adhere.
ii• We must supply you with the goods and/or services detailed on your emailed receipt of purchase in the manner described on this website. The goods must be supplied within a pre-agreed and reasonable time which may also have been defined on this website. The time will vary from product-to-product. We may vary this contract, but only with your advance agreement, which must be in writing or email. All conversations and correspondence with customers are contemporaneously recorded against the account which you create at the time of purchase.
iii• For your part, you must ensure that you abide by your side of this agreement. That means that you will not charge back credit or debit card or Paypal payments. You will collect or accept delivery of your purchase as agreed and, if you have asked us to hold your goods, you may be liable to pay storage charges as agreed and described on this website.
iv• In addition to our refund policy in relation to purchases made on our website, we will give refunds in accordance with your Statutory Rights under The Sale of Goods Act.
1. Goods must be of merchantable (saleable) quality
2. Goods must be fit for their purpose.
3. Goods must be as described.
As a helpful guide, here are 3 examples of when Statutory Rights are frequently misinterpreted and a refund isn't an option:
4. Your Mum doesn't like it.
5. The colour clashes with your wallpaper.
6. Your bum looks big in it.
If your desire for a refund falls broadly into the latter 3 examples, don't worry too much, as we operate an exchange policy (see above and below).
As these rights are statutory, it means that they are defined and set in law. We cannot alter or vary your Statutory Rights.
In the unlikely event that your debit/credit card is undercharged, the correct balance, as it appears on your invoice/receipt will be charged, in your absence, to the same card. Corrected receipt slips will be issued and where possible, forwarded by email.
vi• VAT (value added tax)
There is VAT within the sale price of most contemporary items that are for sale in our shop and on this website, with the exception of zero-rated books, some other printed matter and children’s clothes. It is shown separately on your receipt. No VAT element of the price paid by you on any second-hand, vintage or antique purchase is reclaimable by you and none will be detailed on your receipt in relation to such items. Any VAT levied is payable for all purchases made within the EU and which are for delivery to countries within the EU. VAT on goods which are purchased from us, but sent by us directly to countries outside the EU are not subject to VAT. Although the prices shown on our website include VAT where applicable, it is removed at point of sale, for purchases which we send to countries outside the EU. We do not operate a VAT refund scheme for purchases made in our shop and which the purchaser is taking to a country outside the EU.
vii• Returns for items bought in our shop
Bring back smaller, off-the-peg, purchases for which you paid £150 or less, within 21 days, and we will gladly exchange for goods of the same value or issue a store credit. Store credits are valid indefinitely and can be used against purchases you make in person or on this website. We will not refund postage charges to you unless the goods are faulty. Goods must be returned unused and in original condition & packaging, with proof of purchase. **This offer does not extend to special orders, made-to-order and any 'sale' or discounted goods. Please remember, unless your goods are faulty and returnable in relation to your Statutory Rights, contrary to popular shopping myth, your ability to exchange or accept credit notes is not a right conferred on you in law. It is merely an additional offer that we and many other companies operate. It is extended to you entirely at our discretion. As previously stated, we will give refunds, but only in accordance with your Statutory Rights and not simply because you changed your mind.
ix• Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 (CCRs) and Website Purchases
These apply only to purchases made on our website. The purchase must have been made with exclusive use of one or more means of distance communication up to and including the time at which the contract is concluded. They apply under certain conditions and to a specific range of goods and purchases and may not apply in the case of your particular purchase. If in doubt, please email and ask us: firstname.lastname@example.org. See the summary above for how our returns policy works in relation to purchases made on our website.
The Distance Selling Regulations do not apply to purchases made from us by businesses, companies, partnerships or sole-traders, such as interior designers. In some circumstances, we may consider an exchange or credit for smaller, off-the-peg, purchases for which you paid £150 or less - but this is entirely at our discretion and will be subject to a restocking fee - see point viii• above.
xi• Special Orders
Once you have paid for your special order, you have entered into a contract with us. That means that as long as we stick to our side of the contract and supply you with the goods and/or services for which you have paid, you cannot cancel it. To clarify: simply changing your mind or seeing the same or similar item you have just purchased cheaper elsewhere, does not give you the right to cancel the order or demand a refund. You are only entitled to a refund in accordance with your Statutory Rights or if we are in material breach of contract or have acted extremely unreasonably.
We make every effort to complete orders and/or carry out deliveries on the day and at the time agreed. We cannot and do not accept responsibility for delays caused by manufacturers or carriers and which are beyond our control.
Please note that we will never sell you your goods with a guaranteed delivery date.
xii• Delivery & Postage
This is chargeable at the current prevailing rate, as informed at point of purchase. If lift access is unavailable upon delivery, or access is unusual and contrary to the information supplied by you, the purchaser, additional charges will be levied at the current prevailing rate and charged to the credit/debit card you originally supplied.
That means that if you failed to inform us of something that would materially affect our ability to successfully make a delivery to you at the point that delivery was arranged, we are likely to make an additional charge to cover our costs.
• Most deliveries are carried out Monday to Friday during normal business hours. We can sometimes make arrangements outside these hours. Deliveries outside the normal delivery hours can sometimes cost extra. Delivery charges incurred by you as a result of an out-of-hours delivery are payable by you and are in addition to any charged to you and detailed in your original receipt.
• Big furniture... Small front door... Sure it will fit? It is your responsibility to ensure that any goods you are purchasing will fit into your premises. It is important to remember that, whilst we endeavour to be reasonable, delivery is technically to your front door only. Refunds will not be given for items that do not fit. Delivery charges will not be refunded.
• Additional charges will be incurred if access is difficult or not possible. If you ask us to remove goods to storage as a result of them not fitting, we will charge you for carrying your purchase back to our warehouse. You will be charged for additional visits if these are required as a result of your particular circumstances, for example, because you forgot that you made an arrangement for us to deliver to you and we have to return at another time. Any of these amounts will be debited to the credit/debit card with which you made your original purchase. If you originally paid by cash or BACS, you will have to have paid us these additional amounts prior to re-delivery.
• In London, we are usually able to provide delivery of furniture purchases within a two hour window, although all delivery times are approximate, partly due to the unpredictable nature of traffic. As such, deliveries may be cancelled without prior notice as a result of circumstances beyond our control. We cannot be held responsible and will not accept liability for non-deliveries which are beyond our control.
• Postage/delivery charges on items which have been returned to us and which are not faulty will not be refunded to you, except in the case of CCRs -see point ix. above. You will also be responsible for your own postage charges when returning goods to us. When returning goods to us, we recommend using a delivery service which is trackable and traceable as we will not process any returns until we have the items in our possession. If you originally elected to collect the goods from our shop yourself or arrange a 3rd party to collect them for you, rather than use & pay for our delivery service, any cost you incur in returning the goods to us, whether faulty or not, will not be refunded.
xiii• Third Party Carriers
If you buy something from us and opt to arrange your own delivery, then any arrangements made with third parties are entirely at your own discretion and risk. If you request that we make the arrangements with a third party carrier on your behalf, After Noah Ltd will levy a 20% handling charge on the total carriage price, which will be charged in addition to the goods purchased. This will be done at point of sale. Such delivery costs are not covered by the CCRs - see point ix. above.
Your goods are insured whilst in transit to you, unless your purchase is classed as a business-to-business one. In any event, when paying by VISA or Mastercard, these companies commonly offer automatic insurance on this type of purchase over £100 in value. Check with your card issuer.
We will store your furniture purchases free of charge, for up to 14 days from the date after which we inform you that your goods are ready for collection or delivery. After this time, we charge £25 per week per item. As an example, we would consider one item as a set of 6 dining chairs, but a three piece suite as 3 items. Storage charges incurred, but not agreed at the time you made the purchase will be debited to your credit/debit originally supplied. Click here to see our storage rules and rates.
Where applicable your receipt forms your guarantee (see below), unless otherwise excluded as detailed on your receipt. You should retain your receipt or keep a copy of it in electronic form, as it must be produced in the event of a claim. Please note that, if you have used our Guest Checkout facility, rather than registering an account with us, we will not have a record of your purchase and in such circumstances, keeping a copy of your receipt would be essential.
All guarantees cover defects in materials, components or workmanship for the period stated. Our guarantees do not cover misuse, Commercial use, accidents or normal wear-and-tear caused by you, or other circumstances which may be considered unreasonable. All items will be inspected by our workshop or original supplier before considering any remedy. The guarantees we offer are in addition to and do not limit, any guarantee you may have the right to and which is set by statute.
• Electrical Goods - 2 Years
• Telephones - 1 Year
• New Furniture - From 1 to 10 Years Dependent on Manufacturer (excluding rust)
• Vintage Furniture - is not guaranteed and is purchased by you 'as found'.
We strictly abide by and adhere to The Data Protection Act.
The Data Protection Act controls how your personal information is used by organisations, businesses or the government.
Everyone who is responsible for using data has to follow strict rules called ‘data protection principles’. They must make sure the information is:
•used fairly and lawfully
•used for limited, specifically stated purposes
•used in a way that is adequate, relevant and not excessive
•kept for no longer than is absolutely necessary
•handled according to people’s data protection rights
•kept safe and secure
•not transferred outside the UK without adequate protection
Our website uses a security system that protects your information from unauthorised use.
Every time you enter an area of the site that has or requires sensitive information such as your credit card details, an icon will appear either at the bottom of your browser window that looks like a padlock or within the address bar. This is an indication that the site is secure
You can also check the address bar in your web browser and the “http” url (web address) that is usually present, will be replaced by "https" when dealing with sensitive information, such as your credit card details. afternoah.com uses the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Private Communications Technology security standards that are supported by Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or later and other popular browsers. SSL encodes your personal information and all your transactions are protected by this powerful SSL encryption technology. SSL encrypts your credit card number, name, address, phone number, identification number and password as it travels through the Internet, so that it cannot be read by anyone other than the secure server.
We are not allowed to, nor do we, store any credit or debit card information on our servers.
We will not sell, distribute or disclose information about you as an individual or your personal usage of the site without your consent or unless required or permitted to do so by law.
We will try and keep the information about you up-to-date. You may change any of the basic information we keep about you at any time by logging in to your account on our website and editing any of the information we hold. Alternatively, you can email us at: email@example.com and we will change it for you.
If you have asked to receive our newsletter or other information, you will have to have opted to be on our emailing list at some point. Perhaps when you last purchased something from us online or in our shop, possibly via Facebook or Twitter. Very occasionally, we might have added you by mistake, perhaps as a result of human error, a glitch in the system or a ghost in the machine. If you're just not that into us, or you accidentally ticked the wrong box, simply click the 'unsubscribe' link in the next piece of electronic correspondence you receive from us; you'll immediately be removed from our newsletter database and you'll never hear from us again. Ever. Promise. We won't call, write or stand outside your house crying. And please, we hope you'll accept our apologies for cluttering your inbox or doormat. If, for some reason, you can't unsubscribe, just drop us a line to: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can go really old-school and ring us on 020 7359 4281 and we'll gladly do it manually for you.
Third party & remarketing cookies are connected with services such as social media networks that provide like, share & pin buttons.
You can disable cookies through your web browser's settings at anytime. However, please bear in mind that disabling cookies may severely affect and limit the use of our website and in some cases, make it impossible to use at all.
For further information on the cookie legislation and information on how to enable/disable cookies please read about it here at the ICO (Information Commissioner's Office).
xix• Variations to the Terms & Conditions of Sale
Variations which have been made verbally to you, will also be detailed on your invoice or receipt. If a member of our staff has told you or offered you something on which you intend to rely at a later date, check it’s on your receipt. If it’s not, ask them to detail it on your receipt, as variations which are not specified in writing cannot be relied upon and will not form a part of the terms and conditions of the purchase you've just made or order you’ve just placed.
In some circumstances, a mistake with the pricing will void the contract between us, even if you have paid for the item. In such a case, we would reasonably demonstrate that the price was so low that you must have known it was not genuine. Consider as an example, that you walked into a car showroom and 3 zeros had fallen off a car windscreen in the summer heat, making it appear that a car was for sale at £10, rather than £10,000. In short, please note that we operate and E & OE policy - Errors and Omissions Excepted.
xxi• Dispute Resolution
As previously mentioned, we would always rather you were a happy customer and one who will return and recommend us to others. We all sometimes get things wrong and bending over backwards to put things right, we feel is the mark of a truly good company. We will always attempt to resolve any difficulty or dispute with you in a friendly, reasonable and fair manner. In the first instance, please email or write in or call us. After this however, if you feel that we have treated you unfairly or unreasonably, we have not dealt with any issue to your satisfaction and it cannot be resolved, please feel free to contact your local Trading Standards Office who provide a mediation service.
The material contained in these pages is the property of After Noah Ltd and must not be copied or distributed for any commercial purpose unless we have given express permission in writing.
Taking copies for personal use, whether to your hard disk or a printed version is allowed, provided that this copyright notice is retained on each copy.
Making alterations to any of the pages or using the content in any other work or publication will be a direct breach of our copyright and may result in civil action.
For clarification of anything written above, please do not hesitate to contact us, either by email: email@example.com, telephone 020 7359 4281 or visiting our shop.